Uh…Elotor for life?
As you might, or might not know – I have three cats. Shiro (Approximately 12-13, has stomatitis & cardiacmyopathy ) Puss (12, who has Cerebellar hypoplasia) and Merlin (11, who’s just spoiled.) All three cats were feral rescues – and while Shiro is really my Aunt and Uncle’s cat, he’s still my responsibility. About a year ago he started showing signs of stomatitis (an allergic reaction to the tartar on his teeth. He had to have all the canines pulled and is on an immuno-suppressant. He was then diagnosed with cardiac mypoathy, which is incurable and will slowly cause his heart to fail out. Luckily, it’s not yet causing him pain.) Keep in mind, Shiro lived in alleys until age 5! Our neighbor scooped him up and threw him in a TERRIBLE kennel that kept him in the same cage with two larger cats. Since then he’s had a bad habit of eating everything in sight – which didn’t help the recently acquired condition I am about to discuss. Alley cats have an average lifespan of 4 years here in the states so he was already a veteran at that age. He’s got a terrible disposition, sprays everywhere and hates me because I smell like Merlin and he hates Merlin (they can’t even be in the same room!) But he’s still my boy.
Lately i’d noticed he was starting to drink more, urinate more and had lost about 2 lbs off his formerly 15 lbs figure. That’s the equivalent of a 120lbs person losing 16lbs in a week. We took him in for basic blood work and it turns out he has diabetes. This isn’t a death sentence or anything – but my aunt and uncle refused to pay, allow me to pay or treat the cat. They LITERALLY believe that vets make animals sick for money. Bah. I won’t get into the specifics of it, but we aren’t very close so I can’t have an open dialog about this with them. After lengthy conversations with me having to tip toe around the fact that they caused this (they give him double feedings, feed him scraps and always think he’s hungry) they agreed to put him on a low carb diet, let me monitor his blood sugar at home and take him in for a one day curve (a curve is basically blood testing every two hours to determine how much insulin the body needs, how it handles it, etc.) The vet wanted a three day curve, which didn’t help my aunt and uncle’s perceptions about vets as that long a curve is archaic and totally unnecessarily. I joined an online community for owners of diabetic cats and have been IMMERSED in research all week. I’ll be curving Shiro at home myself over the weekend and am NOT looking forward to it. Anyway! Yes! Long story short, cats > makeup …every time.
Hopefully i’ll figure out a way to balance school, work, LSAT prep, boyfriend, friends, writing, the other cats’ needs, Shiro’s needs and makeup blogging. 8D What’s one more thing in the pile right?
Current Mood: Nauseated
I’ve been tagged by the lovely Neko-Chan of nekoblog! Don’t you love learning about your online friends?
- Write 11 (random) things about yourself on your blog
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you and create 11 new questions for the people you tag
- Choose the next 11 people to tag and link them on the post
- Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her
- No tag backs
- You must post these rules
1. I have asperger’s disorder! It’s very well controlled so I don’t exhibit most of the physical symptoms but it does affect a lot of how I view my life.
2. I used to eat my ramen noodles half-uncooked! I hated fully cooked ramen noodles.
3. I’m allergic to: kiwi, pineapple, onion*, tomato, lactose, several scents and soaps, bupropion, tylenol AND mast cells. That also means….
* This has almost killed me!
4. I have dermographia/dermatographia the “skin writing” disease. If I don’t take all my meds any pressure or rubbing of my skin results in hives in the shape of the pressure. It’s very itchy and annoying!
5. My favorite scents are lavender, gardenia and violets.
6. I am > TERRIFIED < of mice…but my “official” cat Merlin likes to make pets out of them!!
7. I wear glasses most of the time at home! I only wear my contacts when going out and for pictures.
8. I can play piano, guitar, bass and alto saxophone
9. I can type accurately at over 200wpm.
10. Differential diagnosis is my hobby! I’m actually quite good at it and considered going to medical school for a while!
11. I was born with a single, curly lock of hair on the top center of my head! It was cut off and the rest of my hair grew back in straight.
1. How did you choose your blog’s name?
Well, The Reason For Tears went online wayyyyyyyyyyy back when I was like…14? 15? I was quite emo then and I thought the title was appropriate.
Sudo Beautify was easier. I knew I wanted to incorporate my nerdiness and Sudo came to me. A lot of people didn’t want me to name it Sudo Beautify because they didn’t think anyone would “get it” but i’m happy with the choice and that’s what matters.
2. What is your perfect pizza topping?
Aaah!! That’s a hard question!! I really really love white pizzas (alfredo sauce instead of red, maybe with mushrooms and spinach?) But I’m also a fan of classic pepperoni and mushrooms.
3. What’s worse in your opinion being blind or being deaf? and why? (strange question, I know but I really want to know!)
I think it’s remarkable how people adapt to different things. I feel worse, and don’t think I could handle, BECOMING deaf or blind after being able to hear/see because I’d constantly miss the stimuli. I wonder and worry if people who were born that way do or don’t miss it. It seems like it’d give you such a different perspective on life!
4. What do you think of global warming? do you think it’s normal or not?
: ( I do think that there’s quite a bit of scientific evidence to back up global warming. And while there ARE patterns of heating and cooling of the planet, the science shows that this tide of unusual phenomena are far and above more dramatic than the shifts of the past. It worries me! A lot!
5. What is the most fascinating country or place you’ve visited?
Haaa. This is going to be dorky, but it’s America. There’s such a blend of so many things. So may people.
6. Do you believe in something? (you can interpret this question as you like)
I do! But I don’t know that I give it a name and half the time I refer to it as “the universe.” I believe in that, most supernatural things, karma, reincarnation and the power of kittens :3
7. If you could change three of your characteristics (inner or outer) what would they be?
I would….be less prone to get quite sad. I wouldn’t have bad knees so that I could exercise more! Aaaannnddd….hum…something else but it’s a secret. :3
8. What do you like to do on a lazy day?
My absolute favorite thing to do is just sit quietly. Preferably in the middle of my bed. That sounds really odd doesn’t it? I’m so busy all the time and always rushing around, even in my head, that I relish the moments where I can just sit and think.
9. Coffee or tea?
DARNIT! I can’t choose! D: Coffee on a busy day, tea on a lazy day. I love lavender and earl-gray but am also fond of green tea.
10. Which is your favourite season, and why?
Winter. I love the way you can watch the world go to sleep, the weather. Winter for me is the most peaceful season.
11. How long have you been blogging for, and do you ever feel like giving it up?
I’ve been blogging for…about…8 years now! I had a live journal before TRFT went up. I’ve given it up sometimes, for months at a time but lately I feel it keeps me motivated to muck about my life!
1. What is your earliest memory?
2. What sound do you most hate to hear?
3. What is your favorite store to shop at?
4. If you could pick only one color to WEAR for the rest of your life? What would it be?
5. If you could have any super power in the world, which would it be?
6. If you had to choose three of your five senses (Touch, Sound, Taste, Smell, Sight) to keep, which would they be?
7. What’s the coldest temperature you’ve been at?
8. Is there a fine art that you particularly enjoy? Painting? Sculpture? Ballet? Poetry?
9. What crazy food combinations have you tried?
10. What’s your favorite thing to do?
11. What song do you love to sing to yourself?
x-x I’m too shy to tag anyone back so whomever wants to do this can!